Referring patients to Midland Cardio Vascular Services (MCVS)
Midland Cardio-Vascular Services Ltd is a privately owned angiography and interventional suite. It is located within Braemar Hospital, Hamilton, New Zealand. We have been operating for over 16 years for the wider Waikato area and extending to the whole of NZ.
- Diagnostic and Interventional cardiac procedures. This includes coronary artery angioplasty and stenting, with IVUS and Rotoblation available. All structural heart procedures. Read more
- 3D ultrasound. Transoesophageal Echo (TOE), Dobutamine Stress Echo (DSE) and Transthoracic Echo (TTE) available.
- Diagnostic peripheral and interventional procedures.
- PICC line insertion. Read more
- All facets of procedural cardiac rhythm management including Electrophysiology and Ablation, Pacemaker Insertion, and Cardioversion. Read more
- See “Our Services” for more information.
Patients require a referral from their General Practitioner to a consultant Cardiologist/ Vascular Surgeon/ or Interventional Radiologist, this can be delivered via email@example.com.
The Consultants who practice at MCVS are all experienced senior Physicians or Surgeons. Most of our Consultants have international experience and many are leaders in their field.
Your patient may have specific heart rhythm, structural heart, heart failure or ischaemic heart disease issues that would be best suited to a referral to a Cardiologist with an interest in that specific area of cardiology. Go to the Profiles and Bios
MCVS provides a full range of facilities and equipment within Braemar Hospital. This is designed to provide patients with the most appropriate level of care. This includes a Special Care Unit (ICU/HDU) .
If the patient requires an anaesthetist for their procedure this is organised by MCVS.
MCVS accepts all patients – regardless of which insurance company they may belong to, or whether they have insurance cover or not.
Quotes are provided for all procedures.
MCVS referral letter can be accessed here.
If you have any queries, contact Shannon Collins, Manager.