Dr Madhav Menon
MBBS FRACP Interventional Cardiologist
- INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY FELLOW: University of Minnesota, USA 2008
- FELLOW OF THE ROYAL AUSTRALASIAN COLLEGE OF PHYSCIANS 2007
- BACHELOR OF MEDICINE and BACHELOR OF SURGERY (M.B.B.S.)1993
HONOURS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- 2006: Research / Overseas fellowship training scholarship from the National Heart Foundation, New Zealand
- 2006: Research scholarship from the Waikato Heart Trust, Hamilton, New Zealand
- 2005: Certificate of recognition for teaching by the Waikato School of Medicine
- 1993: Dr Navlar Somasundara Bharathiar Endowment award / Gold Medal in Internal Medicine examination.
- 1993: Thiru Justice Venkatramaiah Endowment award / Gold Medal for the best out going student.
- 1992: Certificate in Honors of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 1992: Certificate in Honors of Internal Medicine
- 1987: Certificate in Honors in Physiology
- Paper completed and accepted for publication in CCI – Multislice 64 CT Angiography for Patient Triage to Invasive Coronary Angiography: Performance and Cost in Ambulatory Patients with Equivocal or Suspected Inaccurate Noninvasive Stress Tests, Madhav Menon, John R. Lesser, Hidehiko Hara, Thomas Knickelbine, Terry Longe, Bjorn Flygenring, Alison Drummer, Jason Henry, Robert S. Schwartz
- Spectrum and significance of electrocariographic patterns, tropnonins, TIMI frame count in Street (TAKO TSUBO) Cardiomyopathy, Scott Sharkey, John Lesser, Madhav Menon, Mary Parpart, Barry J Maron. Paper accepted for publication in June 2008 in AJC.
- Incidence and reason for no option for revascularization and incidence of chronic total occlusion with determination of area of myocardium at risk for potential ischemic symptoms at the Abbot North Western Hospital. Madhav Menon, Timothy Henry. Paper accepted for presentation at the American College of Cardiology meeting Orlando 2009.
- Evaluation of cardiac response and the ability of acute exposure to cold to induce a spectrum similar to stress cardiomyopathy. Madhav Menon, Robert Wilson (Universit of Minnesota study.)
- Abstract presentation – Cardiac Society of New Zealand 2005 – Impact of DES in the management of instent restenosis in Waikato Hospital.
- Poster presentation – Cardiac Society of New Zealand 2006 – Management of bifurcation lesion – An initial experience with frontier stents. W.O. Bagg, G.P. Devlin, Madhav Menon, H.F. McAlister, C.M. Nunn, S.C. Heald, S.M. Collins, H.A. Charleson and C. Sebastian.
- Audited – Heart failure management, management of NSTEMI of the elderly in Waikato Hospital, use of reopro, performance of the chest pain unit in Waikato Hospital, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Madhav Menon is a cardiologist at Cardiac Services in Hamilton, NZ. He has a wide area of interest which includes management of coronary artery disease, hypertension, valvular heart disease and heart failure.
He is an accomplished Interventional cardiologist who has a special interest in dealing with difficult coronary artery disease. His area of interest includes dealing with complete chronic occlusions in coronary arteries, rotoblation, intracoronary imaging and physiological studies. He has been a proctor in these areas and has conducted workshops outside New Zealand.
Madhav Graduated from University of Minnesota USA where he completed his Interventional cardiology training after doing core cardiology training FRACP from the Australasian college of physicians in New Zealand.
He is the Director of the Cardiac Catheter lab at Waikato Hospital, is involved in clinical research and has done first in man trials of cardiac devices at Waikato hospital.
Cardiac Services Ltd: https://www.cardiacservices.co.nz/